How to mop a floor.

Friday, July 20, 2007

1. Run out of dishwasher detergent.
2. Substitute a small amount of regular liquid dish soap.
3. Use a dishwasher that randomly develops leaks every three months or so.
4. Have my luck, courtesy of our friend Murphy.
5. Use a mop to clean up the results.
6. Admire the nice, sparkly floor.

Tonight is the night for Harry Potter! Old Voldyface is going down. And both Harry and Dumbledore are coming out the other side alive. That is what I choose to believe. (But I think we'll either be saying farewell to Ron or Neville- and please, if there is any good left in the universe, let it be Neville. And not, like, Professor McGonagall or something.)

The celebration in my hometown starts in three hours! And to celebrate... a little poetry from Shakespeare and the Doctor...

Foul Carrionite spectors, cease your show
between the points 761 390!
Banish light and tinker’s cuss, I say to thee…
EXPELLIARMUS!

See you when I've finished the book, and finished crying.

1 comments:

earthchick said...

Yeah, um, I don't think you can blame Murphy or a leak in the dishwashwer for this one. It's just what happens if you use dishwashing liquid in the dishwasher. Trust me. And don't ask me how I know. ;)

Thanks for your sweet message on my blog. :) Looking forward to seeing you soon. In the meantime, I will be imagining you wearing a butt bow about this time next week....